Need Help With Strings New to pascal !!

I have been studying pascal for two weeks now and I need help with some
strings.  I am writing an adventure game and what I want the program to
do is ask the adventurer what his name is and then he types his name in
and the program replies with his name typed in.  I am sending my source
code for anyone to look at or modify in any way just please make sure
that u upload the new and improved source code either to this news group
or
my email address.

I...@avana.net

Re:Need Help With Strings New to pascal !!

--------------FC92B5BAA6D3CF10443F6564

I have been studying pascal for two weeks now and I need help with some
strings.  I am writing an adventure game and what I want the program to
do is ask the adventurer what his name is and then he types his name in
and the program replies with his name typed in.  I am sending my source
code for anyone to look at or modify in any way just please make sure
that u upload the new and improved source code either to this news group
or
my email address.

I...@avana.net

--------------FC92B5BAA6D3CF10443F6564

<encoded_portion_removed>
ZW5kLho=
--------------FC92B5BAA6D3CF10443F6564--

Re:Need Help With Strings New to pascal !!

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:34:10 -0400, Ian Trimble <i...@avana.net>
wrote:

Program StringIn;

Var MyStr : String;

Begin
   Write     ('Enter a string value: ');
   Readln (MyStr);
   Writeln  ('The string value entered was: ', MyStr);
End.

Does this help?

Dennis D. Powers
PC/POLL SYSTEMS