.TPU to .OBJ

hi
how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program
thanks
piet
pi...@nac.ac.za

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

>hi
>how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
>i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program
>thanks
>piet
>pi...@nac.ac.za

Greetings,
              Last time I checked, there was such a beast available on the
Borland BBS, but it is only useful for units compiled with TP 4.0.  Maybe
someone has created a version for TP 7.0, but I doubt it.

Carl Eric Codere (aka The Black One)
Pascal and asm programming
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

Piet Theron <pi...@nac.ac.za> wrote:
>hi
>how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
>i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program

There is no official way to do this. Multilanguage programming was
supported by Borland only by allowing obj files to be used from TP. For
TP version 6 there is a TPU -> OBJ converter at garbo.

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

In article <5gbvk6$...@falcon.le.ac.uk> of Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:50:14 in
comp.lang.pascal.borland, "Dr E. Buxbaum" <E...@le.ac.uk> wrote:

>Piet Theron <pi...@nac.ac.za> wrote:
>>hi
>>how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
>>i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program

>There is no official way to do this. Multilanguage programming was
>supported by Borland only by allowing obj files to be used from TP. For
>TP version 6 there is a TPU -> OBJ converter at garbo.

Surely, with BP7, one can put the function into a DLL and call from C?
Never used C myself, though.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ -- includes FAQqish topics and links.

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

Dr E. Buxbaum wrote:
> Piet Theron <pi...@nac.ac.za> wrote:
> >hi
> >how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
> >i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program

> There is no official way to do this. Multilanguage programming was
> supported by Borland only by allowing obj files to be used from TP. For
> TP version 6 there is a TPU -> OBJ converter at garbo.

Not quite right.  The converter is for version 4, not 6 -- rather
outdated for the majority's needs.

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:18:11 -0500, Piet Theron <pi...@nac.ac.za>
wrote:

>hi
>how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
>i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program
>thanks
>piet
>pi...@nac.ac.za

You can get the file TPUOBJ.ZIP from Borland at:
ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/pascal/tpuobj.zip

cya

Re:.TPU to .OBJ

a...@4u.net wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:18:11 -0500, Piet Theron <pi...@nac.ac.za>
> wrote:

> >hi
> >how can i convert a .TPU to .OBJ
> >i want to call Borland Pascal written functions from a C program
> >thanks
> >piet
> >pi...@nac.ac.za

> You can get the file TPUOBJ.ZIP from Borland at:
> ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/pascal/tpuobj.zip

For about the ump{*word*249}th time, this is NOT a general solution.  It's
intended for only TP4.0 units.  If there are any doubts, go to
garbo.uwasa.fi (or one of its mirrors), and download some units for
different versions.  It will soon be obvious that the only units it will
acknowledge are those which are intended for 4.0.

> cya

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Other Threads