Sending binary data from client to COM server (and vice versa)

I am trying to find the best method (read: simple but efficient) to
transfer binary data to a COM server from a client (and vice versa).
The binary data is always of differing lengths/types, but is USUALLY
some sort of data structure.  I am wanting to do something similar to
TRegistry's Read/WriteBinaryData method, if that helps.

Thanks

Brandon Lilly
-----
To respond via email, be sure to remove "nospam_" from email address.

Re:Sending binary data from client to COM server (and vice versa)

See message from yesterday titled: : transferring block of memory from
server to client

Brandon Lilly <avar...@swbell.net> wrote in message

> I am trying to find the best method (read: simple but efficient) to
> transfer binary data to a COM server from a client (and vice versa).
> The binary data is always of differing lengths/types, but is USUALLY
> some sort of data structure.  I am wanting to do something similar to
> TRegistry's Read/WriteBinaryData method, if that helps.

> Thanks

> Brandon Lilly
> -----
> To respond via email, be sure to remove "nospam_" from email address.

Re:Sending binary data from client to COM server (and vice versa)

Must not have retrieved yesterday's posts before browsing.  Thanks for
the pointer

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:08:18 +0100, "Nicholas Robinson"

<NicholasRobin...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>See message from yesterday titled: : transferring block of memory from
>server to client

>Brandon Lilly <avar...@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> I am trying to find the best method (read: simple but efficient) to
>> transfer binary data to a COM server from a client (and vice versa).
>> The binary data is always of differing lengths/types, but is USUALLY
>> some sort of data structure.  I am wanting to do something similar to
>> TRegistry's Read/WriteBinaryData method, if that helps.

>> Thanks

>> Brandon Lilly
>> -----
>> To respond via email, be sure to remove "nospam_" from email address.

-----
To respond via email, be sure to remove "nospam_" from email address.

Other Threads