Dephi 3, Word 97, OLE & MSACCESS 97

I've got a question regarding accessing Word97 documents stored in OLE
Fields in an Access 97 Database- not strictly OLEAutomation, but here goes.

Following a few hints from this newsgroup, I can sort of get things working
by savinging the contents of a TOLEComponent field into a temporary file and
storing in the database does not seem to be a recognisable OLE object to
Access.

I need to be able to use both Delphi and Access for this application.

Anyboby got any ideas?

TIA

Mark McCormick
m...@elitetraining.com