Interbase & TSession

Hello

To get Stored Procs. Parameters for example IBTransaction must be active!
but that causes dead lock on the server! For exemple if another programmer
whants to do an 'ALTER TABLE ...' he can't! I would like to know what's the
best way to handle this problem! Is TSession the solution?

bye

Miguel

Re:Interbase & TSession

In article <3d467643_1@dnews>, mig...@trigenius.pt says...

> To get Stored Procs. Parameters for example IBTransaction must be active!
> but that causes dead lock on the server! For exemple if another programmer
> whants to do an 'ALTER TABLE ...' he can't! I would like to know what's the
> best way to handle this problem! Is TSession the solution?

        In general, you shouldn't be altering metadata while users are
connected to the DB.

        TSession is a BDE component and is not used in IBX.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:Interbase & TSession

I See, but the situation is not a user on one hand and I on the other! But
tow or more developers connected to the same database! Does one have to set
the IBTransaction::Active to false each time one developer wants to do
something on the server?

bye

thank you very much!

Miguel

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <cstu...@nospamplease.vertexsoftware.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:MPG.17b0620587467d669899af@newsgroups.borland.com...

In article <3d469aba_2@dnews>, mig...@trigenius.pt says...
> I See, but the situation is not a user on one hand and I on the other! But
> tow or more developers connected to the same database! Does one have to set
> the IBTransaction::Active to false each time one developer wants to do
> something on the server?

        Setting TIBTransaction.Active does *not* mean that you can do no
changes to the DB metadata.  However, there are certain changes (notably
creating/removing FK constraints) which require that you are the only
user connected to the DB.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:Interbase & TSession

Ok I see. Thanks a lot for the light!

with best regards

mensagem news:MPG.17b07f5138eacf219899b2@newsgroups.borland.com...

> In article <3d469aba_2@dnews>, mig...@trigenius.pt says...
> > I See, but the situation is not a user on one hand and I on the other!
But
> > tow or more developers connected to the same database! Does one have to
set
> > the IBTransaction::Active to false each time one developer wants to do
> > something on the server?

> Setting TIBTransaction.Active does *not* mean that you can do no
> changes to the DB metadata.  However, there are certain changes (notably
> creating/removing FK constraints) which require that you are the only
> user connected to the DB.

> -Craig

> --
>  Craig Stuntz (TeamB) Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
>      Delphi/InterBase WebLog: http://delphi.weblogs.com
>      InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
>           http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads