Restructure DBF at Run-time

I'd like to know how to restructure DBF at run-time because I want to
add some fields to DBF. I'm using Delphi Pro 3.02 and BDE now.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Restructure DBF at Run-time

Just as a quick browse, TFieldDefs had a line saying that it could
'Add or delete field definitions from the list'
I am not sure if this creates an actual extra field on a table or if you
have to recreate a table.
Might lead you in the right track though.

Regards
Glenn.

Wilson Woo <wilso...@hk.super.net> wrote in article
<352C91C8.C2BA4...@hk.super.net>...

On 9 Apr 1998 11:43:32 GMT, "The Redman" <g...@ats.com.au> wrote:

>Just as a quick browse, TFieldDefs had a line saying that it could
>'Add or delete field definitions from the list'
>I am not sure if this creates an actual extra field on a table or if you
>have to recreate a table.
>Might lead you in the right track though.

>Regards
>Glenn.

>Wilson Woo <wilso...@hk.super.net> wrote in article
><352C91C8.C2BA4...@hk.super.net>...
>> I'd like to know how to restructure DBF at run-time because I want to
>> add some fields to DBF. I'm using Delphi Pro 3.02 and BDE now.

>> Thanks in advance.

If you have databases with many paradox/dbase tables there's a
product called DataSentry/SelfCheck by Logic Process which can do
it for you in a very easy way.

I just bought it and can't live without it anymore.

Re:Restructure DBF at Run-time

>I'd like to know how to restructure DBF at run-time because I want to
>add some fields to DBF. I'm using Delphi Pro 3.02 and BDE now.

You will need to use dbiDoRestructure
You can find an example at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html

--