And C++ ...

Hi,

Could you tell me if Borland planned to do a C++ version of Kylix ? If yes
when will be available ?

Bye

Re:And C++ ...

Christian Ista wrote in <3ab4772d$1_1@dnews>...

> Could you tell me if Borland planned to do a C++ version of Kylix ?

This was announced, yes.

> If yes when will be available ?

The usual answer, I guess: "when it's ready". I have seen no estimates
yet.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)                http://delphi-jedi.org

Re:And C++ ...

Yes, I have heard it in these newsgroups that it will be called C++ Kylix.
Unfortunately, they will not start on it until they have put out Delphi 6.

Robert Kindred

"Christian Ista" <ci...@{*word*104}net.be> wrote in message

> Hi,

Re:And C++ ...

"Robert Kindred" <RKind...@SwRI.edu> wrote in message

> Yes, I have heard it in these newsgroups that it will be called C++ Kylix.

I think you are specuating because I have not heard the name of the C++
product annouced...

--
-- Robert

Re:And C++ ...

You may be right.  I heard it from above in the thread titled, "Questions
for Anders or Whoever..."  Actually I don't know who Vic (SupInfo) is.  This
person may not really work at Borland.
"rscrimo" <rscr...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ab63143$1_2@dnews...
> "Robert Kindred" <RKind...@SwRI.edu> wrote in message
> I think you are specuating because I have not heard the name of the C++
> product annouced...

> --
> -- Robert

Re:And C++ ...

Robert Kindred wrote:
> Yes, I have heard it in these newsgroups that it will be called C++ Kylix.

Just to clarify, you didn't hear this from anyone at Borland. We have
not announced a product name for it.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://community.borland.com
$175/$50K: Thanks to my donors!

Re:And C++ ...

> Actually I don't know who Vic (SupInfo) is.  This
> person may not really work at Borland.

I don't know who that is either :)   [It's a K]

Not really?  Not at all!  I wish I worked at Borland, but this is not the
case.

I said "C++ Kylix" in that thread but I could have said "Kylix C++" or any
number of other names.  AFAIK, Borland has said nothing on this topic other
than there will be one.

Vik

Re:And C++ ...

Thanks, John:

     I guess I am overly impressed by stuff in parentheses. :)

Robert Kindred

"John Kaster (Borland)" <jkas...@borland.com> wrote in message

> Robert Kindred wrote:

> Just to clarify, you didn't hear this from anyone at Borland. We have
> not announced a product name for it.

> --
> John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://community.borland.com
> $175/$50K: Thanks to my donors!
> http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html
> Order Kylix! http://www.borland.com/kylix * Got source?
> http://codecentral.borland.com
> Get the best Java IDE: http://www.borland.com/jbuilder

Re:And C++ ...

>Just to clarify, you didn't hear this from anyone at Borland. We have
>not announced a product name for it.

I was wondering if you are sticking with the same codename. If your
not what are you calling it?

cheers,
John

Re:And C++ ...

Just do not call it C++ for Linux.

Delphi and Kylix are cool names.  C++, J++, C#, etc., are hoky.
JBuilder and C++ Builder are also worthless.

Borland needs to come up with a good tradename.  Go to Greece and look
around if you must.

--
Lewis A. Mettler, Esq.(Attorney and Software Developer)
lmett...@LAMLaw.com

Re:And C++ ...

Christian Ista wrote:

> Hi,

> Could you tell me if Borland planned to do a C++ version of Kylix ? If yes
> when will be available ?

> Bye

At the NYC Linux show the Borland people said there would be a Linux
version of Builder, but didn't know when or what it would be called.  I
do recall that they wanted to get the next version of Delphi done so
both the Linux and Windows products were the same (repecting differences
in the OS).

Dennis,

Re:And C++ ...

"Dennis" <dennis...@clarityconnect.com> wrote in message

> At the NYC Linux show the Borland people said there would be a Linux
> version of Builder, but didn't know when or what it would be called.  I
> do recall that they wanted to get the next version of Delphi done so
> both the Linux and Windows products were the same (repecting differences
> in the OS).

It was expected around mid-2001 and the name is unknown. I am calling it
Kylix++ for now, but it will probably be another greek word.

--
-- Robert

Re:And C++ ...

rscrimo wrote:
> It was expected around mid-2001 and the name is unknown.

We have never provided a timeframe to the public. If someone at Borland
told you this, they were uninformed.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://community.borland.com
$1150/$50K: Thanks to my donors!

Re:And C++ ...

"John Kaster (Borland)" <jkas...@borland.com> wrote in message

> We have never provided a timeframe to the public. If someone at Borland
> told you this, they were uninformed.

When Kylix came out Borland said in the chat that they expected the Linux
Version of C++Builder Somewhere after Delphi(Mid-2001).

Ok so the transcript says:

AndersO: sebmol: "What about the C++ Version of Kylix? When will it probably
be ready (to be released)?" - When its ready... Sometime after Delphi 6.
Delphi 6 is scheduled for Q2.

Your Right and I'm wrong...Thanks for the correction.  Sorry for the
confusion.

I was only trying to help.

--
-- Robert