Delphi 1.0 to RDB via ODBC - illegal character detected

I am trying to perform the simplest of querys from Delphi 1.0
to an RDB database on a VAX, via ODBC.  This query:

    with SQL do
    begin
      Clear;
      Add('select ROAD_NO');
      Add('from RR_RLCWY');
    end; {with SQL do}
    ExecSQL;

returns the error:

General SQL error. [DEC][ODBC][Rdb]%SQL-F-ILLCHAR, Illegal
character detected.

Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly, found
a solution?  The query is fine if I use an Access database, but
I need to use the "live" data on the VAX.

Thanks in advance

Rick...

Re:Delphi 1.0 to RDB via ODBC - illegal character detected

In article <32A7B0F6.7...@cyntax.com.au>, Rick Bailey
<bai...@cyntax.com.au> writes

>I am trying to perform the simplest of querys from Delphi 1.0
>to an RDB database on a VAX, via ODBC.  This query:

[snip]

I think that should be an 'Open' rather than 'ExecSQL' :-)

There were some problems with earlier releases of RDB; our current
version (DEC SQL V6.1-02) works perfectly with D1.

John
John P.McCreesh     | Net:   jp...@pines.demon.co.uk
Forbo-Lancaster Ltd.| X.400: c=GB,a=CWMAIL,p=FORBO,s=McCreesh
Lancaster, England  | Voice: +44 (0)1524 65222 Fax: +44 (0)1524 61638

Other Threads