EExternalException C0000008 in ntdll.dll

Out of a sudden when I try to run an application in the IDE I receive this
error. This happens in the line Application.Run; Outside the IDE there is no
problem.

Any ideas whats going on?

BTW: NT4.0, SP4, Delphi C/S 4.0, SP 3, 5GB HD, 248 MB RAM, its a newly setup
machine.

Thanks!
--
dato Denkwerkzeuge - Bernd Maierhofer
Corneliusgasse 4/5

Re:EExternalException C0000008 in ntdll.dll

>Out of a sudden when I try to run an application in the IDE I receive this
>error. This happens in the line Application.Run; Outside the IDE there is
no
>problem.

Some news: Maybe this is a problem of the video-driver. The last module
which is loaded before this occurs ist my MGADRV.DLL. And this is just what
I did before all this mess happened: I installed an updated video driver. So
I will go back to the old one and have a look what happens.

Bernd

Re:EExternalException C0000008 in ntdll.dll

>>Out of a sudden when I try to run an application in the IDE I receive this
>>error. This happens in the line Application.Run; Outside the IDE there is
>>no problem.
>Some news: Maybe this is a problem of the video-driver. The last module
>which is loaded before this occurs ist my MGADRV.DLL. And this is just what
>I did before all this mess happened: I installed an updated video driver.
So
>I will go back to the old one and have a look what happens.

So just if anyone is interested: I tracked this down. I use a multimonitor
system whith a Matrox dual card. The driver which interceps the display of
windows was the reason. Removing this solved my problem.

Being happy again
Bernd

Other Threads