32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

Hello,
        I wrote a couple weeks ago I wanted to compile a 32-bit library to be used
by Visual Basic. In front of the evidence that Borland Pascal 7 cannot do
sucha thing, I asked help. Some nice people told me to try out some
freeware Pascal Compilers. I found Free Pascal (FPK), that can compile
every thing you need - except Win32! (But it will come, as the
documentation says, so I suggest to everyone to check for it! I didn't
found other pascal compilers capable of this, maybe they don't exist, maybe
I am to stupid to find them.

        So I bought Delphi 3 (not the version 4, I didn't want a GADGET-PACK
competing with Visual Basic, the version 3 is almost free and does
everything I want, and it has a lot of printed documentation included - not
the 4, at the seems). I am really happy, working with Delphi is like a
Breeze, and I recommend it.

        That's all!

                Thanks for your advises.
                I would like to say: people on this newsgroup are really nice!

        Nicolas Binette
        sho...@microtec.net
        Borland Ruled!

Re:32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

>by Visual Basic. In front of the evidence that Borland Pascal 7 cannot do
>sucha thing, I asked help. Some nice people told me to try out some
>freeware Pascal Compilers. I found Free Pascal (FPK), that can compile
>every thing you need - except Win32! (But it will come, as the
>documentation says, so I suggest to everyone to check for it! I didn't
>found other pascal compilers capable of this, maybe they don't exist, maybe
>I am to stupid to find them.

Virtual Pascal 2.0 can compile for Win32 and OS/2, and it's 99% Borland Pascal
compatible.  It even supports some Delphi syntax, although I haven't tried any
of it.

>the 4, at the seems). I am really happy, working with Delphi is like a
>Breeze, and I recommend it.

Yes, I have Delphi 2.0 and it's very nice! :)

Re:32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

___

Try Our ALL NEW Phone Sex Line... Choose from a wide variety of Fantasy's,
including Hard
Core {*word*275}s, New York {*word*249}s, Sweet Tight {*word*269}s aGIGO+ sn 452 at craybbs vsn
0.99.970109 d9d8367e

___

Try Our ALL NEW Phone Sex Line... Choose from a wide variety of Fantasy's,
including Hard
Core {*word*275}s, New York {*word*249}s, Sweet Tight {*word*269}s aGIGO+ sn 452 at craybbs vsn
0.99.970109 UUCP
From: "Nicolas Binette" <sho...@microtec.net>
Subject: 32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

[...]

0.99.970109 56d56567

___

From: cco...@ptd.net (noname)
Subject: Re: 32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

noname wrote in message ...
>Virtual Pascal 2.0 can compile for Win32 and OS/2, and it's 99% Borland
Pascal
>compatible.  It even supports some Delphi syntax, although I haven't tried
any
>of it.

Ahh, I have heard a lot of very nice information about VP 1.2 (the OS/2
version), and looked it at for a short time on a friend's PC, where I
decided it was pretty much everything I could want. IDE (almost the same as
BP's), 32bit, freeware, the only thing was it was OS/2 only. Version 2 being
available for Win32 is wonderful. Where can I get information about this,
and does anyone know an approximate release date?

>Yes, I have Delphi 2.0 and it's very nice! :)

I use Delphi 1.0 (it was on a magazine CD) and I must say I was impressed
with it's flexibility, (although the actual development environment wasn't
that great, I assume that's because it was an old 16bit product). How much
better is Delphi 2 / 3 in relation to 1.0 ?? (I am aware that 1.0 is
included with these versions)

Re:32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

>Ahh, I have heard a lot of very nice information about VP 1.2 (the OS/2
>version), and looked it at for a short time on a friend's PC, where I
>decided it was pretty much everything I could want. IDE (almost the same as
>BP's), 32bit, freeware, the only thing was it was OS/2 only. Version 2 being
>available for Win32 is wonderful. Where can I get information about this,
>and does anyone know an approximate release date?

The website for VP is www.fprint.co.uk/vpascal.

VP is not freeware, however.  If you are interested in 2.0, check out their
web site for details!

>I use Delphi 1.0 (it was on a magazine CD) and I must say I was impressed
>with it's flexibility, (although the actual development environment wasn't
>that great, I assume that's because it was an old 16bit product). How much
>better is Delphi 2 / 3 in relation to 1.0 ?? (I am aware that 1.0 is
>included with these versions)

I don't think Delphi 1.0 was included with Delphi 2.0, so I am not sure.  I
know that Delphi 1.0 will only compile 16-bit Window applications while Delphi
2 and greater will compile 32-bit Window applications.

Re:32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

In article <PF8t1.99$VB3.312...@nnrp2.ptd.net>

cco...@ptd.net (noname) wrote:

[...]

> Virtual Pascal 2.0 can compile for Win32 and OS/2, and it's 99% Borland Pascal
> compatible.  It even supports some Delphi syntax, although I haven't tried any
> of it.

The Delphi syntax compatibility is pretty good - virtually
complete.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v4.51 for Win16 and Win32:
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief451.zip

Re:32-bit library with BP7 - I was dreaming

noname schrieb in Nachricht ...

>>Ahh, I have heard a lot of very nice information about VP 1.2 (the OS/2
>>version), and looked it at for a short time on a friend's PC, where I
>>decided it was pretty much everything I could want. IDE (almost the same
as
>>BP's), 32bit, freeware, the only thing was it was OS/2 only. Version 2
being
>>available for Win32 is wonderful. Where can I get information about this,
>>and does anyone know an approximate release date?

>The website for VP is www.fprint.co.uk/vpascal.

>VP is not freeware, however.  If you are interested in 2.0, check out their
>web site for details!

>>I use Delphi 1.0 (it was on a magazine CD) and I must say I was impressed
>>with it's flexibility, (although the actual development environment wasn't
>>that great, I assume that's because it was an old 16bit product). How much
>>better is Delphi 2 / 3 in relation to 1.0 ?? (I am aware that 1.0 is
>>included with these versions)

>I don't think Delphi 1.0 was included with Delphi 2.0, so I am not sure.  I
>know that Delphi 1.0 will only compile 16-bit Window applications while
Delphi
>2 and greater will compile 32-bit Window applications.

Hallo !

If you excuse my english (Im a german and computer languages are
much easier for me than human languages) , i will tell you a little bit
about Delphi.

I'm using the professional versions of Delphi 2 and 3 and these includes the
Delphi 1.02 version. But I read that all packages of 32 Bit Delphi includes
this version.  The professional packets includes also the source codes of
the
RTL and the VCL (but only the 32 bit code).

"How much better is Delphi 2 / 3 in relation to 1.0 ?? "
These question isnt easy to answer for me.  Delphi 2 / 3 compiles 32-bit
code, Delphi 1 16-bit code. There are the differences of 3 Versions between
the 16-bit and the last 32-bit delphi. (V8.0 - V10.0).

The outlook of the program and the components are adapted to the
destination platforms. Win3.11, Win95 and Win98 (Ms Explorer 4.0).
Every higher version got extensions in language, objectmodel ,components,
IDE and de{*word*81}.

The inline-assembler of Delphi 3 includes the opcodes up to 486.

Delphi 3 supports 'Packages' which means a DLL similar dataformat for
runtime
and visual component libraries,instead of Delphi 1 and 2  where all
components were
hard linked.

Delphi 2 was mainly extanded with components for the handling of
Databases, Delphi 3 includes components for internetcomunication

Delphi 3 is also abel to compile and use ActiveX - components.

The de{*word*81} of Delphi 3 has a CPU-Window to show the Code
and the CPU-state on register base. But this window is hidden
and you mast activate it manualy in the registry of windows.

The only negative I can tell about the higher Delphi versions is the
documentation. The books of Borland, where you must by separate
in germany are identical with the onlinehelp. The WIN32-API-Docu
is incomplete and only a summary of function-calls in C-notation.

These are only a little bit of the possibilities of Delphi in Window 32.
There are a lot of more, little differences between the versions.
I think that there is a high comparison between Delphi 1 and Delphi 3.

So long,

        Christian

P.S.

    Im not a seller of Inprise :)