Anybody know any GOOD books on delphi/pascal

James Richard Henry Mulcahy wrote:

> I would like to but a GOOD book to help me learn delphi or pascal.

> Does anybody have any good recomendations.

> Could you mail me the replies as I don NOT read this group.

<cynicism on>

Well, if you don't read the group, why should we expect you to read any of the
books anyone takes the time to recommend?

<cynicism off . . . sort of>

By disregarding the newsgroup(s), you're really missing out on a LOT of useful
information.  A book is a big help, but it's static.  What you see there is what
you get.  OTOH, the newsgroups are dynamic, and we'll probably discuss plenty of
things that aren't going to be covered in any book, or at the very least not to
the same extent.  So get a good book and work with that, but don't ignore
c.l.p.b as a learning resource!

--
Scott Earnest                      | _,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-" |
set...@ix.netcom.com (primary)     | We now return you to our regularly |

Re:Anybody know any GOOD books on delphi/pascal

Why do you use your time to criticize what the other people want, instead
of
offering your help?

I think this newsgroup is to help people and not to be cynic with them:
being cynic you can only help people to escape from joining the group and
the only thing you can offer is to loose a possible good member of the
group.

By the way, I do not know any good book about Delphi, I'm searching for
too!.

Scott Earnest <set...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<324FC3C6....@ix.netcom.com>...

> James Richard Henry Mulcahy wrote:

> > I would like to but a GOOD book to help me learn delphi or pascal.

> > Does anybody have any good recomendations.

> > Could you mail me the replies as I don NOT read this group.

> <cynicism on>

> Well, if you don't read the group, why should we expect you to read any
of the
> books anyone takes the time to recommend?

> <cynicism off . . . sort of>

> By disregarding the newsgroup(s), you're really missing out on a LOT of
useful
> information.  A book is a big help, but it's static.  What you see there
is what
> you get.  OTOH, the newsgroups are dynamic, and we'll probably discuss
plenty of
> things that aren't going to be covered in any book, or at the very least
not to
> the same extent.  So get a good book and work with that, but don't ignore
> c.l.p.b as a learning resource!

> > TIA

> > James
> > --

> >    * Meeeow ! Call Spuddy on (01268) 515441 for FREE mail & Usenet
access *

> --
> set...@ix.netcom.com (primary)     | We now return you to our regularly |
> siny...@{*word*104}space.org (alternate) | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |