How to stop each select starting a transaction?

Hi,

We're trying to write an app that will allow us to be flexible about which
database we use. We're developing it in ADO and IBX. IBX is generally
faster, and for our first customer we need that speed, so IBX is the
preferred platform, but we're finding that changes to the database aren't
always immediately picked up. This seems to be because I've coded as if
there weren't a transaction started each time we do a select. Is there a way
around this?

Regards,

Mark

Re:How to stop each select starting a transaction?

Use one transaction for a lot of processes. What is mean is explicitly start
a transaction do all your stuff and then commit it. The rule here is to use
only one transaction.
"Mark Patterson" <mpatter...@brisbane.multinail.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi,

> We're trying to write an app that will allow us to be flexible about which
> database we use. We're developing it in ADO and IBX. IBX is generally
> faster, and for our first customer we need that speed, so IBX is the
> preferred platform, but we're finding that changes to the database aren't
> always immediately picked up. This seems to be because I've coded as if
> there weren't a transaction started each time we do a select. Is there a
way
> around this?

> Regards,

> Mark

Re:How to stop each select starting a transaction?

Hi Ruaan

I think that if You use a transaction with the read-committed flag and do a
transaction.commitretaining
every times you need to post data to the database, other transaction with
the same flag will see that data
updated immediatly.

Luca

"Ruaan" <ru...@nospam.ccs-software.co.za> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Use one transaction for a lot of processes. What is mean is explicitly
start
> a transaction do all your stuff and then commit it. The rule here is to
use
> only one transaction.
> "Mark Patterson" <mpatter...@brisbane.multinail.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > We're trying to write an app that will allow us to be flexible about
which
> > database we use. We're developing it in ADO and IBX. IBX is generally
> > faster, and for our first customer we need that speed, so IBX is the
> > preferred platform, but we're finding that changes to the database
aren't
> > always immediately picked up. This seems to be because I've coded as if
> > there weren't a transaction started each time we do a select. Is there a
> way
> > around this?

> > Regards,

> > Mark