Edit Mask problem...

Here is a problem.  I have a table full of diease names in all caps.  I
wanted the names to appear in a DBGrid as First letter capitalized.
Editing the Tfield.Editmask property doesnot seem to work.

Any one, any ideas?

Reza Bin Raquib, RRAQ...@PANIX.COM
SYSTEMS 2000, 516-698-6391
"We will make your business look good"

Re:Edit Mask problem...

Reza Bin Raquib <RRAQ...@PANIX.COM> wrote:

>Here is a problem.  I have a table full of diease names in all caps.  I
>wanted the names to appear in a DBGrid as First letter capitalized.
>Editing the Tfield.Editmask property doesnot seem to work.
>Any one, any ideas?

Edit masks are for editing .. DisplayFormat's are for displaying text.
However, I'm not sure the display format will lowercase data that is
uppercase already.  It might though.

If it doesn't, try the OnSetText event.  You can write your own
display method to format the text however you wish.

Scott L.

Re:Edit Mask problem...

ta...@popmail.neosoft.com (Scott L) wrote:
>Reza Bin Raquib <RRAQ...@PANIX.COM> wrote:

>>Here is a problem.  I have a table full of diease names in all caps.  I
>>wanted the names to appear in a DBGrid as First letter capitalized.
>>Editing the Tfield.Editmask property doesnot seem to work.

>>Any one, any ideas?

>Edit masks are for editing .. DisplayFormat's are for displaying text.
>However, I'm not sure the display format will lowercase data that is
>uppercase already.  It might though.

>If it doesn't, try the OnSetText event.  You can write your own
>display method to format the text however you wish.

>Scott L.

According to the Delphi help a TstringField type is displayed according
to there EditMask property but I was not successful in getting it to work
with uppercase and lowercase.

Don't know what can be done.