Installing User BGI driver

I tried to install a new BGI-driver for a higher resolution
( svga64k.bgi ) with 'InstallUserDriver', but after starting
the testprogram there's always ( real and protected mode )
a runtime error 216.
Thanks for help forward.

Re:Installing User BGI driver

Frank Schneider <Frank.Schnei...@frankfurt.netsurf.de> wrote:
>I tried to install a new BGI-driver for a higher resolution
>( svga64k.bgi ) with 'InstallUserDriver', but after starting
>the testprogram there's always ( real and protected mode )
>a runtime error 216.
>Thanks for help forward.

if their the ones I am thinking of, you need to look at the
documentation that comes with them. It talks about some of the
problems associated with loading and using user built BGI drivers.
Another problem could be that you forgot to turn on far calls and you
are referencing the autodetect procedure with a near call with is a
problem.

Hope that helps;
jeff

Other Threads