Using Delphi 3 Std: Questions, questions ...

3 questions in all:
1. in Listview Report style can additional columns be accessed with the
mouse? My experience to date is no because the information you need to
give to the system is the column number, and in order to get this
information you need (in my experience so far) the column number.

2. Using SQL  with TUpdateSQL can new data be sorted into order without
the database closing down momentarily?

3. Using (or trying to use) the built-in Microsoft Help Creator does
anyone know of a word-processor besides Microsoft Word that will provide
compatible footnotes?

Many thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.
Peter Ray

Re:Using Delphi 3 Std: Questions, questions ...

In article <36727661.BA2F3...@which.net>, peter....@which.net writes

>3 questions in all:

I'll leave 1 and 2 for someone else.

>3. Using (or trying to use) the built-in Microsoft Help Creator does
>anyone know of a word-processor besides Microsoft Word that will provide
>compatible footnotes?

I've used it with WordPerfect 7 (so presumably WP8 works as well). Just
create your document as normal and save in .RTF format. However,
reloading the same RTF file back into WP can sometimes give problems;
what I do is just save the file twice, once as a .WPD (native
WordPerfect) and once as an .RTF.  Compile the RTF but if you need
further edits use the WPD.

I believe WP7 can be found very cheap these days.

--
Richard Brisbourne

Re:Using Delphi 3 Std: Questions, questions ...

ad 3.
Try using Time2Help (demo at http://www.time2help.com). In-sourcode
documentation (comments) are automatically compiled (with HCRTF.exe) to
Windows Help or HTML.

Gr.
Ben

peter....@which.net wrote in article <36727661.BA2F3...@which.net>...

> 3 questions in all:
> 1. in Listview Report style can additional columns be accessed with the
> mouse? My experience to date is no because the information you need to
> give to the system is the column number, and in order to get this
> information you need (in my experience so far) the column number.

> 2. Using SQL  with TUpdateSQL can new data be sorted into order without
> the database closing down momentarily?

> 3. Using (or trying to use) the built-in Microsoft Help Creator does
> anyone know of a word-processor besides Microsoft Word that will provide
> compatible footnotes?

> Many thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.
> Peter Ray

Other Threads