Future directions for Indy: Multiple client connections per thread

Just curious to know if there were any future plans to extend TIdTCPServer
to enable managing multiple clients in each peer thread. In other words,
extend the functionality of the 'ReadFromStack' so that it waits for a
response from any one of a bunch of sockets or times-out. Of course there
would be more to it than that, but that seems an obvoius place to start.

I guess I'd like to see something that can be configured to handle, say, 10
clients per server thread.

Re:Future directions for Indy: Multiple client connections per thread

Tez...@NoSpamBigpond.com (Terry Field) wrote in <3a6e3fd1$1_2@dnews>:

>Just curious to know if there were any future plans to extend TIdTCPServer
>to enable managing multiple clients in each peer thread. In other words,
>extend the functionality of the 'ReadFromStack' so that it waits for a
>response from any one of a bunch of sockets or times-out. Of course there
>would be more to it than that, but that seems an obvoius place to start.

Yes, its planned for 8.1. There was a thread recently on this, but I dont
remember the subject.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Re:Future directions for Indy: Multiple client connections per thread

In article <9033BCE02chadngpbe...@207.105.83.62>, chad...@pbe.com says...

> >Just curious to know if there were any future plans to extend TIdTCPServer
> >to enable managing multiple clients in each peer thread. In other words,
> >extend the functionality of the 'ReadFromStack' so that it waits for a
> >response from any one of a bunch of sockets or times-out. Of course there
> >would be more to it than that, but that seems an obvoius place to start.

> Yes, its planned for 8.1. There was a thread recently on this, but I dont
> remember the subject.

It was "TIdServer -- Max Clients?" and you were discussing the 8.1 plans
WRT my needs for the very same thing, in a more indirect/abstract manner.

Other Threads