ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

How refresh data on a computer when we modified it on an other computer in
network.
We use Ado Table and Ado Query but it would not refresh automaticly, is it
normal ?

Thanks.

Calou

Re:ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

Try to close and open the TAdoQuery or call requery.

AdoQuery1.Close;
AdoQuery1.Open;
 or
AdoQuery1.Requery;

Look the Delphi's help file to see the difference between both of them.

Gustavo Gianordoli

"Production ids" <prod....@club-internet.fr> escreveu na mensagem

> How refresh data on a computer when we modified it on an other computer in
> network.
> We use Ado Table and Ado Query but it would not refresh automaticly, is it
> normal ?

> Thanks.

> Calou

Re:ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

>How refresh data on a computer when we modified it on an other computer in
>network.
>We use Ado Table and Ado Query but it would not refresh automaticly, is it
>normal ?

Yes that is normal.  Unless you are using a serverside dynamic cursor you are
getting snapshot of the data with your TadoQuery and TadoTable.

Use Requery for the fastest way to refetch the data
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

Any OLEDB provider including MS Jet (MS Access) and MS SQL Server (including
MSDE) does support server-side cursor. Client-side cursor itself on low
level uses server-side cursors. However its functionality is most times less
then on client-side cursor. But some functionality is available only on
server-side cursor, such as setting IndexName in MS Jet.

Regards,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
http://www.oledbdirect.com
The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (MS Access)
and Interbase (LCPI provider, http://www.lcpi.lipetsk.ru) databases.

"Ana Ribeiro" <aribe...@e-pay.co.uk> ????/???? a ?a???? ????t??:

> Hello
> I know Access doesn't allow server side cursors. Do you know if MSDE does?

> Thanks
> Ana

> "Brian Bushay TeamB" <BBus...@Nmpls.com> wrote in message
> > >How refresh data on a computer when we modified it on an other computer
> in
> > >network.
> > >We use Ado Table and Ado Query but it would not refresh automaticly, is
> it
> > >normal ?

> > Yes that is normal.  Unless you are using a serverside dynamic cursor
you
> are
> > getting snapshot of the data with your TadoQuery and TadoTable.

> > Use Requery for the fastest way to refetch the data
> > --
> > Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> > Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

>I know Access doesn't allow server side cursors. Do you know if MSDE does?

Access does allow serverside cursors and it is one of the few cases where they
make good sense to use because there is quite a bit of functionality you can
only get with serverside cursors and JET.

MSDE aslo supports serverside cursors
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO Refresh with Ado Table and ADO Query on a network application with SQL Server 2000

I see. Thank you.
Ana

> >I know Access doesn't allow server side cursors. Do you know if MSDE
does?
> Access does allow serverside cursors and it is one of the few cases where
they
> make good sense to use because there is quite a bit of functionality you
can
> only get with serverside cursors and JET.

> MSDE aslo supports serverside cursors
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com