Newbie question : the best way to handle OLE Automation Error

Hello,

I wander what is the best way to handle Automation error:

using try.. except ?
implementing SafeCallException ?
other method ?

thanks in advance.

Gilles.

Re:Newbie question : the best way to handle OLE Automation Error

Hello,

I wander what is the best way to handle Automation error:

using try.. except ?
implementing SafeCallException ?
other method ?

thanks in advance.

Gilles.

Re:Newbie question : the best way to handle OLE Automation Error

Hello,

A try except should be fine for client-side error handling.

have fun,
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

In article <731mat$r...@forums.borland.com>, Gilles Koffmann wrote:
> I wander what is the best way to handle Automation error:

try
  do_something_with_automation;
except
  on EOleSysError do; // Ignore it, for example!

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:05 EST
Jim O'Brien, UnitOOPS Software
unito...@remove-this-prefix.unitoops.com
Check out our OLE Drag and Drop Components at http://www.unitoops.com/

Re:Newbie question : the best way to handle OLE Automation Error

Thank you for the awnser both of you.

That's alright with client-side error handling.

What about internal COM error handling (SafeCallException) ?

Gilles.

Jim O'Brien wrote in message ...
>In article <731mat$r...@forums.borland.com>, Gilles Koffmann wrote:
>> I wander what is the best way to handle Automation error:

>try
>  do_something_with_automation;
>except
>  on EOleSysError do; // Ignore it, for example!
>end;

>--
>Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:05 EST
>Jim O'Brien, UnitOOPS Software