Board index » delphi » Forms not closing with XP

Forms not closing with XP

We have a Delphi 2 / BDE/ paradox table app and problems have been consistent with WinXP.  Many sub-apps will not close after they have completed (form will not close).  User's must end task out of the app inorder to get out.  The process completes ok, just the form will not close.  Any ideas?

 

Re:Forms not closing with XP


Colleen

Recompile under Delphi 6.  The Win API calls are slightly different between
the versions.

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

Quote
"Colleen" <cf...@iamaw.org> wrote in message news:3cebebc6$1_1@dnews...

> We have a Delphi 2 / BDE/ paradox table app and problems have been

consistent with WinXP.  Many sub-apps will not close after they have
completed (form will not close).  User's must end task out of the app
inorder to get out.  The process completes ok, just the form will not close.
Any ideas?

Re:Forms not closing with XP


Alan,
Is is possible to go from delphi 2 to delphi 6 without major app issues and rewrite?  I have been told by the developer it cant be done...what do you think?

Quote
"Alan Jeffery" <obse...@voyager.co.nz> wrote:
>Colleen

>Recompile under Delphi 6.  The Win API calls are slightly different between
>the versions.

>Alan Jeffery
>Professional Systems

>"Colleen" <cf...@iamaw.org> wrote in message news:3cebebc6$1_1@dnews...

>> We have a Delphi 2 / BDE/ paradox table app and problems have been
>consistent with WinXP.  Many sub-apps will not close after they have
>completed (form will not close).  User's must end task out of the app
>inorder to get out.  The process completes ok, just the form will not close.
>Any ideas?

Re:Forms not closing with XP


Quote
> Is is possible to go from delphi 2 to delphi 6 without major app issues
> and rewrite? I have been told by the developer it cant be done...what do
> you think?

Colleen, if you use QuickReports then it's a pain converting from Delphi 2
to any version above 2... maybe half an hour or more per report depending
how complex the report is. Maybe there is a conversion tool now, I don't
know. Other than that you'll probably need to add "variants" to your uses
clauses, and may need to change code where you compare null values.

--
Trevor Davis
Davis Business Systems Ltd.
www.dbsonline.com
BS/1 Accounting, Time Billing, Distribution, and Manufacturing Software
with Delphi Source Code (royalty-free)

Re:Forms not closing with XP


Colleen

I'm afraid there are quite a lot of conversion issues between V2 and 6.
Just one of the reasons for keeping up to date, I guess.

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

Quote
"Colleen" <cf...@iamaw.org> wrote in message news:3cecff6a$1_2@dnews...

> Alan,
> Is is possible to go from delphi 2 to delphi 6 without major app issues

and rewrite?  I have been told by the developer it cant be done...what do
you think?
Quote

> "Alan Jeffery" <obse...@voyager.co.nz> wrote:
> >Colleen

> >Recompile under Delphi 6.  The Win API calls are slightly different
between
> >the versions.

> >Alan Jeffery
> >Professional Systems

> >"Colleen" <cf...@iamaw.org> wrote in message news:3cebebc6$1_1@dnews...

> >> We have a Delphi 2 / BDE/ paradox table app and problems have been
> >consistent with WinXP.  Many sub-apps will not close after they have
> >completed (form will not close).  User's must end task out of the app
> >inorder to get out.  The process completes ok, just the form will not
close.
> >Any ideas?

Other Threads