MS-ACCESS and date syntax

i am converting programs from TTABLE to TQUERY and thus wrinting SQL
statements.

My applications are switchable across mutiple database types (Pdox, MS-SQL,
Access, IB, ASA6.02)

I just realized that MS-access syntax is different then others for data
fields:

ex.   > where invdate>'01/01/1999'<  works for all but Access which requires
where invdate >01/01/1999 to work.

Does anybody know if there is a way to set MS-Access to accept the normal
format (with the quote characters') that would make my life easier.

Thank you

Re:MS-ACCESS and date syntax

Unfortunately no. For some inexplicable reason the designers of Access
ignored the ANSI SQL standard.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB