Problem with locks on Unix server, Win95 client with Reflection NFS Client software

Does anybody out there have any information on problems regarding running a
Delphi 3 application, using BDE 4.51, in a network using a UNIX server and
running "Reflection NFS client software" on Win95 clients?

The only network protocol installed is "Reflection Network Protocols".

My problem is that it seems as if the locking of files does NOT work! I can
run one instance of my app. But if two or more users start the same program,
I get problems with locking.

The informations I have is not very detailed, but ANY info is appreciated!

BTW: The BDE is correctly setup.

Help needed
Peter

email: p...@lrsoftware.dk

Re:Problem with locks on Unix server, Win95 client with Reflection NFS Client software

I don't know anything about your app, but do this: Make "One" multi-tier
server accesing the database, with all low-level implementations there
(ttable and tquery objects), and many "clients" accessing the server. It
should be the same (at file-access level) than one client.
Look at delphi/database/multitier forum.

Other Threads