Auto Updating Project Information at compile time

Is there any way that I can update project information at compile time
through a custom component or package?

I've put together a version information component to retrieve
information from the executable Version resources but would like the
ability to update the Delphi version information stored under the
project options.

I have considered updating the project .dof file etc but this
information is updated separately to the resources file and any change
made to this file is lost.

Will Delphi allow me access to this information through an expert or
component; or am I stuck performing all updates manually?.

Cheers,
kjb.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Auto Updating Project Information at compile time

The message <888qtm$cf...@nnrp1.deja.com>
  from  The Quiet One <the_quiet_...@my-deja.com> contains these words:

> Is there any way that I can update project information at compile time
> through a custom component or package?
> I've put together a version information component to retrieve
> information from the executable Version resources but would like the
> ability to update the Delphi version information stored under the
> project options.
> I have considered updating the project .dof file etc but this
> information is updated separately to the resources file and any change
> made to this file is lost.
> Will Delphi allow me access to this information through an expert or
> component; or am I stuck performing all updates manually?.
> Cheers,
> kjb.
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi,

I'm not too clear what you are trying to do. The delphi IDE can
be set up so that it updates each time you do a build. Look in
Project|Options|Version Info. Why would you want to extract version
information from the executable when you already have that information
in the IDE ?

--

regards Andreas Kyriacou
http://www.andrikkos.co.uk