Q: Right form size in all resolutions ?

Hi out there !

I am a delphi beginner, so please be patient !

My problem is:
I have written a program using a form with a width of 657 under a
resolution of 800 x 600.
Starting this program under a res. of e.g. 1024 x 786 draws a form of
the orig. width of 657.
But to paint all contents of the form without having scroll bars it
would need a form with of 810.
I use the default settings for forms.

So: what do I have to do to get the correct form size under all
resolutions ?

Thanx

Guenther
-----------------------------------
Guenther Bosch
Schieszstattgasse 4 / 16
A - 8010 Graz AUSTRIA
0043 316 817088
Guenther.Bo...@digimedia.co.at

Re:Q: Right form size in all resolutions ?

In article <4o7e0q$...@news.Austria.EU.net> Guenther.Bo...@digimedia.co.at (Guenther Bosch) writes:
>Hi out there !
>I am a delphi beginner, so please be patient !
>My problem is:
>I have written a program using a form with a width of 657 under a
>resolution of 800 x 600.
>Starting this program under a res. of e.g. 1024 x 786 draws a form of
>the orig. width of 657.
>But to paint all contents of the form without having scroll bars it
>would need a form with of 810.
>I use the default settings for forms.
>So: what do I have to do to get the correct form size under all
>resolutions ?

There are several components out there on the Web that, when placed on a form,
will automatically adjust component size and placement to fit and look-good on
the user's actual monitor size.

If you have not yet explored Web sites like the Delphi Super Page, they are a
definite resource.  Most, if not all of the problems you're likely to
encounter have already been solved either by shareware or by commercial
authors.

/mr/

Other Threads