IdDNSResolver

Can someone explaine me how to work with this component of Indy????

thank you

Re:IdDNSResolver

There is a demo "dns resolver" that shoes its functionality.

/A.

"Carlos Silva" <carlos.si...@iol.pt> wrote in message

> Can someone explaine me how to work with this component of Indy????

> thank you

Re:IdDNSResolver

Allen

Just in case, I thought I would raise the following problems regarding
IdDNSResolver in Indy 9 (downloaded FTP version 31 July 2001). I know it's
in BETA, but just in case somebody forgot to update it:

- The Indy 9 DNS demo is wrong (ClearVars method no longer exists).

- IdDNSResolver creates a fixed temporary file 'C:\tmp\answer.dat' for
debugging in line 512- should be removed real soon

- TQueryResult.DNSStrToDomain causes an AV on line 347:
   Len := Byte(SrcStr[APos]);

  with the following code:
  ------------------------

  IdDNSResolver1.QueryResult.Clear;
  IdDNSResolver1.Host := '<<DNS-ADDRESS>>'; // DNS server...
  IdDNSResolver1.QueryRecords := [qtMX];
  IdDNSResolver1.ReceiveTimeout := 15000;
  try
    IdDNSResolver1.Resolve('anydomain.com');
  except
  end;

  // Show servers...
  if (IdDNSResolver1.QueryResult.Count > 0) then
    for i:= 0 to Pred(IdDNSResolver1.QueryResult.Count) do
      memo1.lines.add(IdDNSResolver1.QueryResult.Items[i].Name);

-------------------------

Is my MX look-up code correct? Without a demo I'm feeling a little lost...

Regards

Keith

Re:IdDNSResolver

keithb(at)eta(dot)co(dot)za (KB) wrote in <Xns90F0641DEB11keithblotracking123
@207.105.83.65>:

>Just in case, I thought I would raise the following problems regarding
>IdDNSResolver in Indy 9 (downloaded FTP version 31 July 2001). I know it's
>in BETA, but just in case somebody forgot to update it:

Ive forwarded this to Indy Core and the Demos team.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: Erie, PA