OLEDB Driver for MS Access

I need access to MS Access 95/97/2k/XP.  Will this OLEDB driver allow me to
do this, and if so is there ANY sort of timescale on a release for it - 6
months? 1 year?

--
Thanks lots

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

You can download MS Jet OLE DB at
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_Jet4SP3.htm

HTH,
Marcio Wesley Borges
www.sibprovider.com
"Make providers that works"

"Max Adams" <n...@none.com> escreveu na mensagem news:3bd5e25a_1@dnews...

> I need access to MS Access 95/97/2k/XP.  Will this OLEDB driver allow me
> do this, and if so is there ANY sort of timescale on a release for it - 6
> months? 1 year?

> --
> Thanks lots

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

I meant one which will work on Linux and windows (like the MySQL driver for
dbexpress)

"Marcio Wesley Borges" <marci...@technologist.com> wrote in message

> You can download MS Jet OLE DB at
> http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_Jet4SP3.htm

> HTH,
> Marcio Wesley Borges
> www.sibprovider.com
> "Make providers that works"

> "Max Adams" <n...@none.com> escreveu na mensagem news:3bd5e25a_1@dnews...
> > I need access to MS Access 95/97/2k/XP.  Will this OLEDB driver allow me
> > do this, and if so is there ANY sort of timescale on a release for it -
6
> > months? 1 year?

> > --
> > Thanks lots

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

How do you think to access from Linux?

"Max Adams" <n...@none.com> escreveu na mensagem news:3bd60487_1@dnews...

> > > I need access to MS Access 95/97/2k/XP.  Will this OLEDB driver allow
me
> > > do this, and if so is there ANY sort of timescale on a release for
it -
> 6
> > > months? 1 year?

> > > --
> > > Thanks lots

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

I really doubth it. Access run on Windows and isn't C/S, is desktop
database. This means that work stations access physical file then the whole
engine must be ported to Linux, thing that MS has no intention to do. Since
dbx is a thin layer over database client access library and such thing
doesn't exists for MS Access, dbx driver for that can't be done. Also, OLEDB
is part MS technology not available on Linux.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

"Max Adams" wrote:
> I meant one which will work on Linux and windows (like the MySQL driver
for
> dbexpress)

There wont be one that will work on Linux until MS comes up with an OLEDB
driver for Linux. My guess on the timeframe of that, is never.

Having said that, the dbExpress driver for OLEDB should work on Windows.

--
Dave Nottage

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

Once we have the dbExpress OLEDB driver for MSSQL ready may be we can tune it
work with all other generic OLEDB providers also. In that case we should be able
to talk with MSACCESS also.

T.Ramesh.

Sergio Samayoa wrote:
> I really doubth it. Access run on Windows and isn't C/S, is desktop
> database. This means that work stations access physical file then the whole
> engine must be ported to Linux, thing that MS has no intention to do. Since
> dbx is a thin layer over database client access library and such thing
> doesn't exists for MS Access, dbx driver for that can't be done. Also, OLEDB
> is part MS technology not available on Linux.

> --
> Sergio Samayoa
> Lgica Software
> http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

Dear Ramesh,

    It's true under Win32, but not in Linux.

    Marcio Wesley Borges
    www.sibprovider.com

"Ramesh Theivendran (Borland)" <rtheivend...@borland.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:3BD6DB0D.DF592DB8@borland.com...

> Once we have the dbExpress OLEDB driver for MSSQL ready may be we can tune
it
> work with all other generic OLEDB providers also. In that case we should
be able
> to talk with MSACCESS also.

> T.Ramesh.

> Sergio Samayoa wrote:

> > I really doubth it. Access run on Windows and isn't C/S, is desktop
> > database. This means that work stations access physical file then the
whole
> > engine must be ported to Linux, thing that MS has no intention to do.
Since
> > dbx is a thin layer over database client access library and such thing
> > doesn't exists for MS Access, dbx driver for that can't be done. Also,
OLEDB
> > is part MS technology not available on Linux.

> > --
> > Sergio Samayoa
> > Lgica Software
> > http://www.geocities.com/logicasw/

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

The original post was about Linux.

--

Sergio Samayoa wrote:
> The original post was about Linux.

The only somewhat "supported" way to talk with MS SQL from Linux is
through ODBC. There is a dbExpress driver for ODBC available from at
least one third party.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://community.borland.com
$1150/$50K: Thanks to my donors!

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

The subject is about MS Access not MS SQL Server.

"Marcio Wesley Borges" wrote:
> > The only somewhat "supported" way to talk with MS SQL from Linux is
> > through ODBC. There is a dbExpress driver for ODBC available from at
> > least one third party.

> The subject is about MS Access not MS SQL Server.

John Kaster's reply applies to both.

--
Dave Nottage

Re:OLEDB Driver for MS Access

Greetings,

    No friend there aren't ODBC drivers for MS Access in Linux. MDB is a
proprietary flat file. Only Microsoft know how to access it.

    HTH,
    Marcio Wesley Borges
    www.sibprovider.com

"Dave Nottage" <d...@removethis.b3.com.au> escreveu na mensagem

> "Marcio Wesley Borges" wrote:
> > > The only somewhat "supported" way to talk with MS SQL from Linux is
> > > through ODBC. There is a dbExpress driver for ODBC available from at
> > > least one third party.

> > The subject is about MS Access not MS SQL Server.

> John Kaster's reply applies to both.

> --
> Dave Nottage

Other Threads