BDE-Error 8458: IDODBC32.DLL

Hello,

I have the Borland C++ Builder, Standard Version CD-only, installed.
Now I have tryed to connect to a ODBC-Database, but I get the
Error-Message 8458 [0X21][0XA], somthing would be wrong with
IDODBC32.DLL.

I have tryed to find this file, but it is not on my Disc. I installed
the
Software a second time, but I get the same Message.

I have also installed the BDE-Update Version 5.11.

What can I do ?

Please excuse my bad english.

Thank you.
| Matthias Hotzel            Public-Key: http://www.mhotzel.de |
| e-mail: mhot...@bigfoot.de Tel: 0173/9716053                 |

Re:BDE-Error 8458: IDODBC32.DLL

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:27:33 +0100, Matthias Hotzel <matthiashot...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>I have the Borland C++ Builder, Standard Version CD-only, installed.
>Now I have tryed to connect to a ODBC-Database, but I get the
>Error-Message 8458 [0X21][0XA], somthing would be wrong with
>IDODBC32.DLL.

The Standard edition of C++Builder versions which ship with the BDE do
*not* include support for ODBC.  You will not get this to work,  or if you
do,  it will not work cleanly/consistently,  as it is not licensed to work
in such a configuration.  Please see your compiler's documentation for more
details.

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Other Threads