IBX Admin Components vs. GBAK, GFIX

Hi All,

I'm want to develop a simple to use backup, restore and fix utility for an
Interbase 6 database that is meant to look like and work like the rest of my
application.

Can the IBX Admin components IBBackupService, IBRestoreService, and
IBValidationService do everything that can be done with GBAK, GFIX?

Is there anything that GBAK, GFIX can do that IBX components cannot do?

Any reason to use one over the other?

Any tips, or URL's are appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Re:IBX Admin Components vs. GBAK, GFIX

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:34:42 -0600, "M Tuttle" <mi...@softtechks.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,

>I'm want to develop a simple to use backup, restore and fix utility for an
>Interbase 6 database that is meant to look like and work like the rest of my
>application.

>Can the IBX Admin components IBBackupService, IBRestoreService, and
>IBValidationService do everything that can be done with GBAK, GFIX?

>Is there anything that GBAK, GFIX can do that IBX components cannot do?

The backup service cannot create the backup on another computer on the
network while gbak can. Other than that, the admin components can do
everything the command line utilities can do.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:IBX Admin Components vs. GBAK, GFIX

In article <3dde3...@newsgroups.borland.com>, M Tuttle says...

> Is there anything that GBAK, GFIX can do that IBX components cannot do?

- Use the classic version of IB

- Fit on a Floppy in your emergency pocket <g>

Phil

Other Threads