QuickReport OnNeedData

My QuickReport is connected to a dataset and prints fields on a detail report. I also want to print data from a string list
on another band, so I have tried adding a subdetail band and using the OnNeedData event to print data from the
stringlist on the subdetail band. The OnNeedData event is not called. What do I have to do to get it to be called?

William

Re:QuickReport OnNeedData

Do you have the master property set to the quickrep component. ?

Did you create the subDetail band by using the subdetail component off
the pallette. Putting a qrband on the report and then changing its type
to subdetail does not work.

I created a report similar to what you require last night and it works
fine.

John

Re:QuickReport OnNeedData

In article <34C0A765.9504F...@laurencekirk.u-net.com>,
jphi...@laurencekirk.u-net.com (John M. Philip) wrote:

> Article: 4767 of borland.public.delphi.reporting-charting
> From: "John M. Philip" <jphi...@laurencekirk.u-net.com>
> Newsgroups: borland.public.delphi.reporting-charting
> Subject: Re: QuickReport OnNeedData
> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 12:43:17 +0000

> Do you have the master property set to the quickrep component. ?

> Did you create the subDetail band by using the subdetail component off
> the pallette. Putting a qrband on the report and then changing its type
> to subdetail does not work.

Thanks for that. The subdetail now prints. It's not a very good help file,
is it? I have another problem now which I'll post as a separate message.

> I created a report similar to what you require last night and it works
> fine.

> John

Other Threads