Using MSMQ COM components w/events in Delphi 4.02

We're using Microsoft Message Queue components within Delphi and have
discovered how to do everything (import the type library and CoCreate and
use the necessary COM objects).

One issue that we have run into that has stumped us is that MSMQ has a com
object entitled IMSMQEvent that you can pass as a parameter to a queue
object in order to enable event notifications on the queue (say when a
message arrives fire this event).  What we can't figure out is how to
instatiate the IMSMQEvent in such a way as to be able to create an event
handler function in Delphi.

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I need to do to enable and handle
event notification using the MSMQ COM objects?

Thank you,

Wendell W. Pinegar
MobileComm, Manager of Client/Server Programming

Re:Using MSMQ COM components w/events in Delphi 4.02

I received answers to this in the oleautomation and activex.controls.using
newsgroups..

Wendell Pinegar <WPine...@mobilecomm.com> wrote in message

>We're using Microsoft Message Queue components within Delphi and have
>discovered how to do everything (import the type library and CoCreate and
>use the necessary COM objects).

>One issue that we have run into that has stumped us is that MSMQ has a com
>object entitled IMSMQEvent that you can pass as a parameter to a queue
>object in order to enable event notifications on the queue (say when a
>message arrives fire this event).  What we can't figure out is how to
>instatiate the IMSMQEvent in such a way as to be able to create an event
>handler function in Delphi.

>Does anyone have any pointers as to what I need to do to enable and handle
>event notification using the MSMQ COM objects?

>Thank you,

>Wendell W. Pinegar
>MobileComm, Manager of Client/Server Programming

Other Threads