Re:Win95 Shutdown Sequence

-----BEGIN PIG SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>> Is anyone familar with the Windows 95 shutdown sequence?  My work
>Won't help, probably.  The Win95 Shutdown just kills the GUI-part
>of the "OS."  When you're at the screen that says, "It's now
>safe to shut down your computer" you can type 'mode co80' and you'll
>be at a DOS prompt.

Maybe on your system!  On mine, not a dang thing happens.  And if I
try it a few times, it just fills up the keyboard buffer...beep beep
beep.

--
BCNU
Daniel J. Wojcik

-----BEGIN PIG SIGNATURE-----

OinKoInKoInKoInKoInKOInKOinkOINKOINKoiNkoiNkoinkoinkoinkOiNkOoiNkOinK
InoInkoINKOinKOinkoINKOinkoiNK

-----END PIG SIGNATURE-----

Re:Win95 Shutdown Sequence

David E. Smith wrote:

> To: Kelly.Sm...@iac.honeywell.com, info-pas...@arl.mil
> Date: Tue Oct 01 15:32:10 1996
> > Is anyone familar with the Windows 95 shutdown sequence?  My work pc
> >  will
> > power down as part of this sequence and I would like to duplicate this
> > ability with my home system.  I have a custom power supply switch that
> > allows the cpu to turn it off, but I made it years ago before Win95 came

> > along.  Using Delphi I hope to intercept/receive this shutdown command
> > and then issue the commands to my power supply.  Any thoughts??

> Won't help, probably.  The Win95 Shutdown just kills the GUI-part
> of the "OS."  When you're at the screen that says, "It's now
> safe to shut down your computer" you can type 'mode co80' and you'll
> be at a DOS prompt.

> dave

Yeah, but BOOTGUI=0 must be in MSDOS.SYS or some such system file first

Other Threads