NH: Load custom cursor from .DLL

Hello,

I've compiled my .DLL with some images and a cursor in it.  I am having
trouble getting the cursor loaded to use, however.  In the .rc that was
compiled into the .res and then subsequently compiled into my .DLL, the
cursor's name was:

ID_CRCROSS

If you could show me a short code snippet (including any variables I would
need to declare) to load it into the first position of the screen cursors
(Screen.Cursors[1]), I would quite appreciate it.  I know this isn't that
difficult - I'm just missing something obvious.

TIA,
-BEP

Re:NH: Load custom cursor from .DLL

I think I'm on the right track.  I declared my DLLResource variable as
THandle.  That wouldn't work earlier because I didn't have Windows in my
uses for that unit.  I'm pretty sure I can get it from here.

If you're bored, though, I posted a question on getting text to underline on
a MouseOver. =)

-BEP

Brian E. Parker <bepar...@usa.net> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I've compiled my .DLL with some images and a cursor in it.  I am having
> trouble getting the cursor loaded to use, however.  In the .rc that was
> compiled into the .res and then subsequently compiled into my .DLL, the
> cursor's name was:

> ID_CRCROSS

> If you could show me a short code snippet (including any variables I would
> need to declare) to load it into the first position of the screen cursors
> (Screen.Cursors[1]), I would quite appreciate it.  I know this isn't that
> difficult - I'm just missing something obvious.

> TIA,
> -BEP

Other Threads