Board index » delphi » Error Trapping and Returning

Error Trapping and Returning

I have wrote an error handler so when something goes wrong I can free up my
pointers, etc....

Is there any way to return to the point that the program crashed and continue?

Gary

 

Re:Error Trapping and Returning


On 21 May 1998 19:14:08 GMT, nlesu...@aol.com (NLesueur) wrote:

Quote
>I have wrote an error handler so when something goes wrong I can free up my
>pointers, etc....

>Is there any way to return to the point that the program crashed and continue?

Hi Gary,

It's possible to return from FPU (floating point unit) errors. And I
don't doubt that with a brute trick it would be possible to return
from other errors. However, it's better to write a program which
doesn't produce fatal errors in the first place. Also take a look at
IOError, and so...

Peter de Jong
wpdej...@worldonline.nl

Re:Error Trapping and Returning


In <35656143.4766...@news.wxs.nl>,

Quote
Peter <wpdej...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 21 May 1998 19:14:08 GMT, nlesu...@aol.com (NLesueur) wrote:

> >I have wrote an error handler so when something goes wrong I can free up my
> >pointers, etc....

> >Is there any way to return to the point that the program crashed and continue?

> Hi Gary,

> It's possible to return from FPU (floating point unit) errors. And I
> don't doubt that with a brute trick it would be possible to return
> from other errors. However, it's better to write a program which
> doesn't produce fatal errors in the first place. Also take a look at
> IOError, and so...

Such a "brute trick" can be found as BPTrap on my web page. Sometimes
it's useful to use it, but in general I agree with Peter's comments.

--
Frank Heckenbach, frank@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS]pascal.gnu.de
Internet links:  http://fjf.gnu.de/
Pascal programs: http://fjf.gnu.de/programs.html (including BP Crt.Delay fix)
PGP keys: http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=index&search=Frank+Heckenbach

Other Threads