Board index » delphi » CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???

CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???

Is there any program which would let a PC application "talk" with
the applications running on the main frame. There is a product
called TransPortalPRO which does that. But, it does not work with
our setup (Dynacom/Elite+Win95).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nn...@cris.com

 

Re:CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???


Quote
NNOOR wrote:

> Is there any program which would let a PC application "talk" with
> the applications running on the main frame. There is a product
> called TransPortalPRO which does that. But, it does not work with
> our setup (Dynacom/Elite+Win95).

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks.

> nn...@cris.com

 I have used a number of third party gateways to/from a
ES9000/AS400/UNIX/PC environment.  However, if you a reliable
connection, great response, and full functionality developing using APPC
is the way to go.

I did use a product from Sybase that was suppose to integrate AS/400 to
Sybase.  Did not perform well at all.  Trying to work with Sybase was a
waste of time.  They kept blaming it on the AS/400 and our utilization.
We ended up putting in large 400 and it still was slow.  Can't say
enough bad things about my working with Sybase.

Re:CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???


Consider working with dataqueues.
You can pass any information to and from the PC and act accordingly.

--
MvdWerf
chr...@worldonline.nl

Re:CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???


Yes for CL/RPG. I have used it. CALL QRCVDTAQ and CALL QSNDDTAQ. No
problems.

Yngve

W.M. van der Werf <chr...@worldonline.nl> wrote in article
<01bbeceb$9a035540$119b099a@theshadow>...

Quote
> Consider working with dataqueues.
> You can pass any information to and from the PC and act accordingly.

> --
> MvdWerf
> chr...@worldonline.nl

Re:CAN ANY PROGRAM DO THIS ???


What do you mean by "talk" with applications on the mainframe?  There are a
number of applications that converse in one way or another with mainframes.
 You can also use an ODBC to converse with a mainframe database.

What are you needing?

kr...@execpc.com wrote in article <32B5F314.2...@execpc.com>...

Quote
> NNOOR wrote:

> > Is there any program which would let a PC application "talk" with
> > the applications running on the main frame. There is a product
> > called TransPortalPRO which does that. But, it does not work with
> > our setup (Dynacom/Elite+Win95).

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks.

> > nn...@cris.com
>  I have used a number of third party gateways to/from a
> ES9000/AS400/UNIX/PC environment.  However, if you a reliable
> connection, great response, and full functionality developing using APPC
> is the way to go.

> I did use a product from Sybase that was suppose to integrate AS/400 to
> Sybase.  Did not perform well at all.  Trying to work with Sybase was a
> waste of time.  They kept blaming it on the AS/400 and our utilization.
> We ended up putting in large 400 and it still was slow.  Can't say
> enough bad things about my working with Sybase.

Other Threads