Menus in DLLs Delphi 1.0

I have modified the texdemo.dpr converting it to a DLL.  It works except
that the Find or Replace commands from the Search menu do not.  Find does
not even show the dialog box.  I have created other dll's before, but
none that use these commands.  They still work fine if I create an
application using the exact code.  It only when used as a dll that it
does not work.
Also, the File|Open works, but it quickly switches to program manager and
back after clicking either OK or Cancel.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.