Explicitly registering SQL Monitor with an app

Is there any way to register a client app with the SQL Monitor
explicitly?

I have seen some code in the news group here for initializing it with
RDM's

TComponentFactory.Create(ComServer, Tolifs30,
    Class_olifs30, ciMultiInstance, tmapartment);

but I dont understand how to apply it to a regular app.

Thanks Jeff

Re:Explicitly registering SQL Monitor with an app

Hello Jeff,

    To get the SQL Monitor to recognise an application, Open the
application, open the SQL Monitor and run the application. The application
will automatically be recognised by the SQL Monitor.

    Cheers,

Sunil Furtado
New Mangalore Port Trust

Jeff Bendixsen <jbendix...@home.com> wrote in message

> Is there any way to register a client app with the SQL Monitor
> explicitly?

> I have seen some code in the news group here for initializing it with
> RDM's

> TComponentFactory.Create(ComServer, Tolifs30,
>     Class_olifs30, ciMultiInstance, tmapartment);

> but I dont understand how to apply it to a regular app.

> Thanks Jeff

Re:Explicitly registering SQL Monitor with an app

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:40:00 +0530, "Sunil Furtado" <su...@furtado.de>
wrote:

Unfortunatly it just doesnt work in my situation (D5 ent). I have
several apps that connect to after a login box is invoked from a dll.
As best as I can guess (after reading the code in dbtables) the SQLMon
interface only connects to the default session and I suspect that,
because the dll connects to the database, when the app loads it is not
using the default session at the time when SQLMon should be
initialized. And therfore does not connect. I have created a comp that
replicates the SQLMon functionality using the dbiRegisterCallback()
function.

But I still would like to know how to to use the interface to
initialize SQL Monitor to a specific app.

>Hello Jeff,

>    To get the SQL Monitor to recognise an application, Open the
>application, open the SQL Monitor and run the application. The application
>will automatically be recognised by the SQL Monitor.

>    Cheers,

>Sunil Furtado
>New Mangalore Port Trust

>Jeff Bendixsen <jbendix...@home.com> wrote in message

>> Is there any way to register a client app with the SQL Monitor
>> explicitly?

>> I have seen some code in the news group here for initializing it with
>> RDM's

>> TComponentFactory.Create(ComServer, Tolifs30,
>>     Class_olifs30, ciMultiInstance, tmapartment);

>> but I dont understand how to apply it to a regular app.

>> Thanks Jeff

Other Threads