Why doesn't SQL Monitor work anymore?

Hello

I have seen several messages relating to this issue in the past six
weeks, and none have been followed up with a reply...

And now its happening to me, too! Surely this must be a configuration
problem of some kind, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I've just upgraded to Delphi 4, and the SQL Monitor does't function
anymore - it won't trace my app, although it DOES trace the SQL
Explorer. On the same machine, under Delphi 3, everything works fine

Using Oracle 8.0.4

I've the latest BDE 5.01 upgrade and D4 paches through 3

Can anyone help???

AJ

Re:Why doesn't SQL Monitor work anymore?

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 15:44:20 GMT,

wrig...@autocite-engineering-nospam.com (AJ) wrote:

>Hello

>I have seen several messages relating to this issue in the past six
>weeks, and none have been followed up with a reply...

>And now its happening to me, too! Surely this must be a configuration
>problem of some kind, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

>I've just upgraded to Delphi 4, and the SQL Monitor does't function
>anymore - it won't trace my app, although it DOES trace the SQL
>Explorer. On the same machine, under Delphi 3, everything works fine

>Using Oracle 8.0.4

>I've the latest BDE 5.01 upgrade and D4 paches through 3

>Can anyone help???

>AJ

Some info to share...

After upgrading from Delphi 3 to Delphi 4, my app would no longer show
up for tracing in SQL Monitor. I have seen a couple of other postings
asking for help with similar problems, and so this is what I have
discovered:

In testing a simple application which DID get traced under SQL
monitor, I noticed that it contained the inserted by Delphi default

Application.Initialize

statement on the very first line. My upgraded app did not contain this
statement, as it had been deleted long ago. According to the Delphi
Help file:

"Initialize is the first method called for every Delphi project. It
calls the InitProc procedure pointer. By default, the call to
Initialize for the application does nothing because the default
InitProc pointer that is nil ."

"For projects that do not assign a value to InitProc, the call to
Initialize can be safely deleted from the project source."

Nonetheless, after reinserting the Application.Initialize call to my
project... voila! SQL Monitor is tracing beatifully!

I hope this saves some others the weeks of frustration I have gone
through!

AJ

Other Threads