BDE and Windows 98

I have wrote a medical application using paradox tables
My program was made with Delphi3 tables are located on an NT4 server the
access mode is BDE.

1 month ago one of my customer changes is operating system fom win95 to win
98 since that at all time it save records table structure becomes corrupted.
I don't know what to do, i have tried to install BDE 5 but nothing seems to
be better.

Thanks for your suggestions

PS : sorry for my very bad english

Re:BDE and Windows 98

Make sure that the local share is turned on if the NT4 server is accessing
the tables too.  Without local share set to true, the system that the tables
are on ignores the lock and multiuser stuff, and just plain corrupts
everything if 2 people try to do anything at once.  I'm not sure if that is
your problem, but make sure that it isn't.  To set local share, go to your
BDE Administrator on the server.  Go the configuration tab, and expand the
system item in the item list.  Click on the INIT child of the system item.
You'll see local share in the panel to your right.  Change that to true, and
see if it happens anymore.

Ryan McGinty
OCERIS, Inc.

Jeff wrote in message <78mlt8$16...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have wrote a medical application using paradox tables
>My program was made with Delphi3 tables are located on an NT4 server the
>access mode is BDE.

>1 month ago one of my customer changes is operating system fom win95 to win
>98 since that at all time it save records table structure becomes
corrupted.
>I don't know what to do, i have tried to install BDE 5 but nothing seems to
>be better.

Re:BDE and Windows 98

localshare is already set to true for all clients

Ryan McGinty a crit dans le message <78ndge$2...@forums.borland.com>...

>Make sure that the local share is turned on if the NT4 server is accessing
>the tables too.  Without local share set to true, the system that the
tables
>are on ignores the lock and multiuser stuff, and just plain corrupts
>everything if 2 people try to do anything at once.  I'm not sure if that is
>your problem, but make sure that it isn't.  To set local share, go to your
>BDE Administrator on the server.  Go the configuration tab, and expand the
>system item in the item list.  Click on the INIT child of the system item.
>You'll see local share in the panel to your right.  Change that to true,
and
>see if it happens anymore.

>Ryan McGinty
>OCERIS, Inc.

>Jeff wrote in message <78mlt8$16...@forums.borland.com>...
>>I have wrote a medical application using paradox tables
>>My program was made with Delphi3 tables are located on an NT4 server the
>>access mode is BDE.

>>1 month ago one of my customer changes is operating system fom win95 to
win
>>98 since that at all time it save records table structure becomes
>corrupted.
>>I don't know what to do, i have tried to install BDE 5 but nothing seems
>>be better.

Re:BDE and Windows 98

Jeff wrote:

> 1 month ago one of my customer changes is operating system fom win95 to win
> 98 since that at all time it save records table structure becomes corrupted.

Make a simple test:  Ask this user take for instance some customer, 'John
Smith', and keep this record in Edit mode.
At the same time, some other network user takes the same John, and also
tries to edit this record. If also the latter succeeds to edit it, then
your NetFileDir, and record lockings are wrongly set.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads