Connecting with THTTP ActiveX component

I am trying to connect to an HTTP server using the Internet components
that were included with Delphi 2.  I am trying to call the .connect
method, but my compiler is telling me that there is no such method. I'm
confused here (and frustrated at the lame help file).

When I compile, I the error reads:
     "Error: (77): Undeclared identifier: 'connect'."

to the code
     HTTP1.connect;

The cursor is placed behind the "t" in connect.

Surely this method exists...doesn't it? Am I calling this thing wrong?
The help file keeps referring to a "placeholder" in their examples that
precedes the method I'm calling that is supposedly resolved at runtime.
They say "object.Connect".  What in the world are they talking about?

I sure would appreciate any help that you can offer.  Please reply
direct mailto:racar...@mail.cei.net

Thanks in advance!
--
Ryan A. Carter
racar...@cei.net

Re:Connecting with THTTP ActiveX component

Have you tried GetDoc ?

Ryan A. Carter <racar...@mail.cei.net> wrote in article
<337A4B5B.5AF25...@mail.cei.net>...

> I am trying to connect to an HTTP server using the Internet components
> that were included with Delphi 2.  I am trying to call the .connect
> method, but my compiler is telling me that there is no such method. I'm
> confused here (and frustrated at the lame help file).

> When I compile, I the error reads:
>      "Error: (77): Undeclared identifier: 'connect'."

> to the code
>      HTTP1.connect;

> The cursor is placed behind the "t" in connect.

> Surely this method exists...doesn't it? Am I calling this thing wrong?
> The help file keeps referring to a "placeholder" in their examples that
> precedes the method I'm calling that is supposedly resolved at runtime.
> They say "object.Connect".  What in the world are they talking about?

> I sure would appreciate any help that you can offer.  Please reply
> direct mailto:racar...@mail.cei.net

> Thanks in advance!
> --
> Ryan A. Carter