Downloading binary data with http and ICP.

Hi,

  Maybe I'm just an idiot but I cannot seem to find any documentation on
how to use the Internet control pack to download (and save to the local
drive) a file (in this case a .GIF image) using http. I can easily use
html to bring it up in a window but I cannot find any way to save the
image.

 It appears that I need to do the saving myself via the DocOuput event,
but there is no documentation or examples on how to do this. Does anyone
know?

Thanks,
John

P.S. Please reply via email along with your followup posts..

Re:Downloading binary data with http and ICP.

load HTTP.HLP using winhlp32 (in your windows system directory), and search
for the GetDoc() method.
--
http://www.ChamisPlace.com/delphi/
Daily Delphi Tips

John Gibbons <j...@dashing.com> wrote in article
<329B3B6A.2...@dashing.com>...

> Hi,

>   Maybe I'm just an idiot but I cannot seem to find any documentation on
> how to use the Internet control pack to download (and save to the local
> drive) a file (in this case a .GIF image) using http. I can easily use
> html to bring it up in a window but I cannot find any way to save the
> image.

>  It appears that I need to do the saving myself via the DocOuput event,
> but there is no documentation or examples on how to do this. Does anyone
> know?

> Thanks,
> John

> P.S. Please reply via email along with your followup posts..

Other Threads