Board index » delphi » beginner needs help

beginner needs help

i'm a high school student learning Pascal in school on TP 7.0 for DOS.
I'd like to be able to bring projects home to work on, but i don't have
Tp 7.0. However, I DO have TP for Windows 1.5 which I got for free from
a friends father (he used to work for IBM and he had a shrinkwrapped
copy, don't ask me how or why, that he didn't want so he gave it to me).
What i need to know is: is there either a way to make TPW 1.5 compile a
program as a DOS 'Console' application, e.g ome which acts in all ways
like a dos app, e.g. lets me use normal DOS graphics functions and such;
or is there a shareware/freeware/Public Domain (yeah right) environment
that will compile Turbo code in a way true to how the Borland compiler
would. I really don't want to have to hunt down a copy of TP 7 and pay
for it, this is only temporary cuz by the time I take AP Computer
Science the whole curriculum will havce moved to C++. But even then, I
like Pascal and plan to continue using it to varying degres. thanks in
advance

 

Re:beginner needs help


Quote
jka...@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> i'm a high school student learning Pascal in school on TP 7.0 for DOS.
> I'd like to be able to bring projects home to work on, but i don't have
> Tp 7.0. However, I DO have TP for Windows 1.5 which I got for free from
> a friends father (he used to work for IBM and he had a shrinkwrapped
> copy, don't ask me how or why, that he didn't want so he gave it to me).
> What i need to know is: is there either a way to make TPW 1.5 compile a
> program as a DOS 'Console' application, e.g ome which acts in all ways
> like a dos app, e.g. lets me use normal DOS graphics functions and such;
Nope.  Sorry.
> or is there a shareware/freeware/Public Domain (yeah right) environment

Try one of these:
http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/%7Eklaus/fpk-pas/welcome.html
http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/
There's also TMT Pascal, but I don't have the URL handy.  Someone else
could provide it to you.

They're not 100% borland, but should work for a high school class.
And guess what:  All of 'em (except TMT Pascal) are freewhare!

Quote
> that will compile Turbo code in a way true to how the Borland compiler
> would. I really don't want to have to hunt down a copy of TP 7 and pay
> for it, this is only temporary cuz by the time I take AP Computer
> Science the whole curriculum will havce moved to C++. But even then, I
> like Pascal and plan to continue using it to varying degres. thanks in
> advance

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One.  We've handled the Borg.  We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Threads