Delphi QReport problem with Epson printer

I am having one strange problem.  I have my new Delphi 3.01 installed on
Windows NT 4.0 workstation

Everytime I fire up Delphi, choosing the "QReport" tab, then hitting the
"QuickRep" button (second button on the bar), and then click on the blank
"Form 1" window, the whole Delphi application will just exit by itself, all
the way.
The problem remains when I set my default printer to be Epson LQ-1170, or
LQ-2170, or LQ-1000C.  However, if I change the default printer to HP
deskjet or HP LaserJet 5P, the problem will not exist.

Does any one know why is this happening?
Anyway know how to solve this?

Currently I have a few Epson LQ printers running in my office, and I don't
think I can just throw them away and buy a couple of new printers.  Would
someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Nelson

Re:Delphi QReport problem with Epson printer

Nelson

Drivers that compatible with Epson LQ printers are numerous. Any four digit
LQ printer should work.  You can try the Generic Text Driver.
The Epson LQ printer you have mentioned probably have IBM emulation. You
need to set them on the printer and you should then be able to use an IBM
'proprinter' driver.

If the generic test driver does not work then your problem is not a driver
problem.

If you are sending 'graphic' files to the printer the problem may be due to
an ECP printer port(check the port setting in your BIOS). Too much
information may being sent to the printer. Change you port mode to SPP.

Hope this helps.
Cha

Nelson Wong wrote in message <6kcgq2$...@venus.hkstar.com>...
>I am having one strange problem.  I have my new Delphi 3.01 installed on
>Windows NT 4.0 workstation

>Everytime I fire up Delphi, choosing the "QReport" tab, then hitting the
>"QuickRep" button (second button on the bar), and then click on the blank
>"Form 1" window, the whole Delphi application will just exit by itself, all
>the way.
>The problem remains when I set my default printer to be Epson LQ-1170, or
>LQ-2170, or LQ-1000C.  However, if I change the default printer to HP
>deskjet or HP LaserJet 5P, the problem will not exist.

>Does any one know why is this happening?
>Anyway know how to solve this?

>Currently I have a few Epson LQ printers running in my office, and I don't
>think I can just throw them away and buy a couple of new printers.  Would

>Thanks.

>Nelson

Other Threads