Numeric Data Type

I have created a table in MSSQL 7 that contains NUMERIC type. I have set the
scale to 8. But when I connect this table to either ADODataSet or ADOQuery,
it always behave like having scale 4  (ie 4 decimal place). Is there some
bugs in ADO. Thanks.

Re:Numeric Data Type

SIA <si...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8amuar$rmo4@bornews.borland.com...
> I have created a table in MSSQL 7 that contains NUMERIC type. I have set the
> scale to 8. But when I connect this table to either ADODataSet or ADOQuery,
> it always behave like having scale 4  (ie 4 decimal place). Is there some
> bugs in ADO. Thanks.

With the EnableBCD property set to true, Numeric field types are mapped to
TBCDField which has limit of 4 decimal places.  If you need more than that you
should set EnableBCD to false and a TFloatField will be used instead.

Mark

Other Threads