storing and loading long strings with a stored procedure cuts after 255 chars

Hi all!
I'm working with MSSQL Server 7.0 - connecting via BDE-Components (Delphi
5.0). I wrote a stored procedure which should return a varchar(4096) as an
output parameter. The FieldType of the Parameter is ftString. With the MS
Query Analyzer I always get the correct length from the stored procedure, so
the value is stored correctly in the DB. But when I want to access the data
by the Delphi BDE-Dataset TStoredProc, the string is always cut after a
length of 255 characters. Does anyone has an idea to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance

Hannes Stauss
n-tree solutions
h.sta...@n-tree.com