Oracle and BDE (How can I handle and Integer field from Oracle in Delphi)

I would like to have an integer field in BDE, but I'm getting every time a
float type.  How can I use an oracle field like integer in Delphi ?

Thanks,

Jose Ocon

Re:Oracle and BDE (How can I handle and Integer field from Oracle in Delphi)

Jose Ocon Perez wrote in message <72vf47$1...@forums.borland.com>...
>I would like to have an integer field in BDE, but I'm getting every time a
>float type.  How can I use an oracle field like integer in Delphi ?

>Thanks,

>Jose Ocon

The Oracle only have the NUMBER datatype and it is equivalent to Delphi
float, but you can change the Precision and Scale attributes of the Oracle
NUMBER field. But always it will be a Delphi Float.

Re:Oracle and BDE (How can I handle and Integer field from Oracle in Delphi)

i don't think so !
if you declare a column in a table number(8,0) or number(10,0) and
enable integers in the driver settings you will get TIntegerfields -
don't you (i still use delphi 3 with BDE 4.51  or Direct Oracle
Access)

yours

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:50:32 -0200, "Jos Carlos"

Christian Kaas, c.k...@odn.de

>Software-, Projektrealisierung u. Beratung
>640kB ought to be enough memory ! - Bill Gates 1981

Re:Oracle and BDE (How can I handle and Integer field from Oracle in Delphi)

if you set ENABLE INTEGER to true in the BDE AND if your
NUMBER in Oracle is NUMBER(10) or less, you will get an Integer, not a
Float, in Delphi. NUMBER alone gives a float;

Good Luck
John

Jose Ocon Perez <oc...@iwghd.com> wrote in article
<72vf47$1...@forums.borland.com>...

> I would like to have an integer field in BDE, but I'm getting every time
> float type.  How can I use an oracle field like integer in Delphi ?

> Thanks,

> Jose Ocon

Re:Oracle and BDE (How can I handle and Integer field from Oracle in Delphi)

Oracle has a maximum of Number(38).  I tried with a delphi compatible size,
the problem is that the Oracle ODBC for Oracle 7.3 used in BDE doesn't have
the Enable Integer.  I know that the Delphi Client Server has a driver for
Oracle that handles integers, but our application vendor developed the
software with Delphi Professional using SQL Server, our standard is Oracle.

Thanks,

Jose.

John Pierce wrote in message <01be14e3$c29f3ce0$a41c2599@john>...
>if you set ENABLE INTEGER to true in the BDE AND if your
>NUMBER in Oracle is NUMBER(10) or less, you will get an Integer, not a
>Float, in Delphi. NUMBER alone gives a float;

>Good Luck
>John

>Jose Ocon Perez <oc...@iwghd.com> wrote in article
><72vf47$1...@forums.borland.com>...
>> I would like to have an integer field in BDE, but I'm getting every time
>> float type.  How can I use an oracle field like integer in Delphi ?

>> Thanks,

>> Jose Ocon

Other Threads