Converting binary (text file) to compress binary file

hi guys,
    anyone know how to convert the text file to compressed binary file ?
or even insert new record to that compress binary file
any hint or any clue, please contact me as soon as posible

    And one more thing is: does anyone of you have any program that you guys
created which can allow user to connect to a http page and download files in
that specified location ? it requires username and password to login that
page. but all process must be working in background. means it's for DUMMY ;)

anyone who is kind enough please email me ASAP ok ?
thanks guys

regards,
Reuben Wee
ICQ: 7792728