HWND_TOP Unkown Identifier.

On Fri, 18 Aug 1995 15:31:22 GMT, rwil...@deborah.DIALix.oz.au (Robin

Wilson) wrote:
>Hi yah,
>        My simple data base program won't compile cos of Unknown
>Identifier. The constant in question is HWND_TOP. The F1 key knows
>what it is but the compiler does not.
>{snip}
>  if hPrevInst<>0 then
>   with Application.MainForm do
>      SetWindowPos(HPrevInst,HWND_TOP,Left,Top,ClientHeight,ClientWidth,SWP_SHOWWINDOW)
>  else
>        Do I have a path problem or is the above code in my PROGRAM
>unit a problem ? I have included WinProcs in the USES statement, I
>am running desk top delphi and have looked at all the likely
>include files I can find with no luck.

You need WinTypes, too.  There are often times when it is useful to
use WinTypes without WinProcs, but it is rarely useful to use WinProcs
without WinTypes.
--
Ray Lischner         (li...@tempest-sw.com)
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA

Re:HWND_TOP Unkown Identifier.

Hi yah,
        My simple data base program won't compile cos of Unknown
Identifier. The constant in question is HWND_TOP. The F1 key knows
what it is but the compiler does not.

{snip}
  if hPrevInst<>0 then
   with Application.MainForm do
      SetWindowPos(HPrevInst,HWND_TOP,Left,Top,ClientHeight,ClientWidth,SWP_SHOWWINDOW)
  else

        Do I have a path problem or is the above code in my PROGRAM
unit a problem ? I have included WinProcs in the USES statement, I
am running desk top delphi and have looked at all the likely
include files I can find with no luck.

        Can someone give me the #number for this constant and
possibly SWP_SHOWWINDOW as well so I can stick it in my Globals
unit. I was silly enough to delete and sell Pascal for Windoze after
getting delphi. All that reference stuff GONE.

tar

   Robin Wilson.
   Brisbane Australia.
   I Like It Hot.

Robin and Deborah Wilson        *       rwil...@deborah.DIALix.oz.au
Brisbane Australia              *       voice:-      +61 07 38414940

           I Hate UNIX !   But they make me use it at work.