Converting Win 3.1 Help File

I have a Windows help file (.HLP) that was created for Windows 3.1. Does
anyone know of a utility that will convert it to Windows 95/98/NT Windows
help format? Windows 95/98/NT help files have a .CNT file that stores the
contents.

Thanks,

Gary

Re:Converting Win 3.1 Help File

You will have to create an additional CNT file. What you need to recompile
the help file is MS Help Workshop, available from
http://www.ec-software.com/reshelp.htm.
--

Alexander Halser
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gary gee <g...@socal.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have a Windows help file (.HLP) that was created for Windows 3.1. Does
> anyone know of a utility that will convert it to Windows 95/98/NT Windows

Re:Converting Win 3.1 Help File

Take a look at this web page entitled Adding a CNT to a WinHelp3 file:
http://www.pcug.org.au/~jcarroll/whcnt.htm

gary gee wrote:
> I have a Windows help file (.HLP) that was created for Windows 3.1. Does
> anyone know of a utility that will convert it to Windows 95/98/NT Windows
> help format? Windows 95/98/NT help files have a .CNT file that stores the
> contents.

I have a Delphi app which enables the construction of a .CNT file by dragging
and dropping topics/topic titles from a list loaded from the .RTF file.

Having created the .CNT file, you would, of course, have to re-compile your
help file to include it.

e-mail me if you'd like a copy.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com