Telnet

I'm trying to write a mud-type game with TP7.  I want it to be a dos based
program... but I can't figure out how to make it telnet accessible.

Is there any source code out there that could help me?

Someplace I could find some sample telnet routines maybe?

Re:Telnet

:
: Is there any source code out there that could help me?
:
: Someplace I could find some sample telnet routines maybe?

        Have you checked with your Internet Service Provider,
it might require a special type of service account, and/or
software on their computer.

Re:Telnet

In article <6jfavm$r1r...@news2.ntr.net>, TelNet Communication
<tel...@ntr.net> scribbled :

>        Have you checked with your Internet Service Provider,
>it might require a special type of service account, and/or
>software on their computer.

Telnetting does not require any special type of account; just a dial-
up/ISDN/network pure TCP/IP connection. If you have a shell account, you
will need a telnet program on your ISPs computer, but otherwise, you can
telnet using any account (unless, of course, it uses a proprietary
protocol, such as Compu$erve or America Offline).
--
UNIX - Saving you from the Gates of Hell.

Other Threads