Opening a File/Writing a File

Please help :
I need to know how to detect for example:
say the file doesn't already exist it will create it, if it does exist it
will ask for input and then you type the input in and then write the file
or update the file with the new input!
Please HELP asap!!

Re:Opening a File/Writing a File

> Please help :
> I need to know how to detect for example:
> say the file doesn't already exist it will create it, if it does exist it
> will ask for input and then you type the input in and then write the file
> or update the file with the new input!
> Please HELP asap!!

   I need much more information: what kind of file is this?  Do you wish
to _add_to_ the existing file data, or _replace_ the data that's on the
file?  These pieces of information are needed to expand your rather vague
request into something I can work with - there are many possible answers
to your question, but I'd only want to provide the _appropriate_ ones...

Other Threads