ADODataSet to MS Access error: WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName

It works in the query in Access but when I place the
WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName in the
ADODataSet in the Quick Reports 3.5 it gives following error:

Undefined function 'WeekDayName' in expression.

SELECT WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName
FROM TimeLog
Any ideas?
--

Peace in Christ,
Marco Napoli

Re:ADODataSet to MS Access error: WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName

>WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName in the
>ADODataSet in the Quick Reports 3.5 it gives following error:

>Undefined function 'WeekDayName' in expression.

>SELECT WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName
>FROM TimeLog
>Any ideas?

Visual Basic functions are not supported in Jet Engine Queries outside of Access

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADODataSet to MS Access error: WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName

What do you suggest I would use instead?

Marco

| >WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName in the
| >ADODataSet in the Quick Reports 3.5 it gives following error:
| >
| >Undefined function 'WeekDayName' in expression.
| >
| >SELECT WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName
| >FROM TimeLog
| >Any ideas?
| Visual Basic functions are not supported in Jet Engine Queries outside of
Access

| --
| Brian Bushay (TeamB)
| Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADODataSet to MS Access error: WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName

>What do you suggest I would use instead?

SQL Server
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADODataSet to MS Access error: WeekDayName(Weekday(TimeLog.date), False, 0) AS DateWeekDayName

We also do use SQL Server, but on this application, the requirements are not
to have SQL server. If I had a better options other than Access I probably
would use it.

Marco

| >What do you suggest I would use instead?
| SQL Server
| --
| Brian Bushay (TeamB)
| Bbus...@NMPLS.com